Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Think I'll Have More Tylenol With My Whine......

Waah, I don't feel good.

I just want to curl up in a ball and cry, "Mommmmy!" But I'm the mommy around here.

I've been fighting this bug since Saturday, when I first felt the telltale sore throat. Yesterday I rallied enough (i.e. pumped full of meds) to make it to an appointment at the bank, and pushed myself to do school and work. Today, I finally gave in and did nothing.

School for dd16 was watching "Sense and Sensibility" with me all morning. For dsds14, it was assembling and painting a wooden car in the office with Dad's help.

Dd16 made tuna salad for lunch and a chocolate-frosted layer cake for dessert tonight. Dh made chicken-fried rice for dinner, and did the dishes.

I didn't even work today, not trusting my fuzzy brain to proofread my new book, which is supposed to be headed to the printers very soon. I finally took my shower at 4, then snoozed in my recliner for a few minutes.

It's not often that I just abdicate like this and let the chips fall where they may, but considering how well my family manages, I should do it more often, don't you think?

No comments: