Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dream Class List

Barb the Evil Genius has tagged me: I'm supposed to come up with a list of 5-10 courses I'd want to take to fix my life, including one also chosen by the person who tagged me. Then I'm supposed to tag five more bloggers.

Hmmmm....the only thing I can think of that would help fix my life would be going to Bible Study, so that has to be choice #1. Our move from Illinois to Wisconsin this summer took me away from the Tuesday night Bible study I'd been attending for 14 years, and I'm really missing it. It was a fantastic group led by our pastor's wife, who is a terrific teacher.

But many courses, while not fixing your life, can bring joy to it, so if I had my druthers, I think I'd enjoy:

A literature class where we'd study and discuss Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe mysteries.

An art history classes specifically about the work of Carl Larsson.

A quilting class where I can learn how to use a long-arm quilting machine.

I'd like to retake the typography class I took in college, because as a publisher, I'd appreciate it so much more now.

A cheesemaking class, something I read about in Barbara Kingsolver's book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life.

And for a class to take with Barb TEG, I'd have to choose Fashion History, because it sounds so interesting!

I think I will tag Gena, Christine, Janet, Tami and Heather.

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh...this is a good one. I will do it, but you have to give me some time to think about it. Oh....the classes I could take....:-)