Sunday, June 10, 2007

Heads Up: Autism and Vaccinations

If you hurry*, you can catch an interesting discussion over at Lucianne.com. They're discussing the relationship, if any, between vaccinations and autism. A first-ever vaccine court will begin this week, and the commenters over at L.com are divided about the value of this court and what good, if any, will come out of it.

I grew up in the kid-saturated Chicago suburbs in the 1960s, and I never knew anyone with autism. But today, I know several families with autistic children (including my second cousin's). I cannot imagine what they go through, and I say that as the mom of a child with special needs. Whatever comes of this court, I hope some of the questions posed by these parents are answered.

*Note: threads at Lucianne.com only stay up for 48 hours.

No comments: