Sunday, June 10, 2007

Heads Up: Autism and Vaccinations

If you hurry*, you can catch an interesting discussion over at They're discussing the relationship, if any, between vaccinations and autism. A first-ever vaccine court will begin this week, and the commenters over at are divided about the value of this court and what good, if any, will come out of it.

I grew up in the kid-saturated Chicago suburbs in the 1960s, and I never knew anyone with autism. But today, I know several families with autistic children (including my second cousin's). I cannot imagine what they go through, and I say that as the mom of a child with special needs. Whatever comes of this court, I hope some of the questions posed by these parents are answered.

*Note: threads at only stay up for 48 hours.

No comments: